Fill out the form below to receive your initial consultation.

Name Changes


For many different reasons, you may find yourself in a situation where you want – or even need – to change your name. Perhaps you have a discrepancy in the spelling of your name on your social security card compared to your birth certificate. Or, you may want to change the spelling of your last name to distinguish yourself from other people with your surname. You may want to change the name of your child to reflect your last name, or you may simply want to change your entire name altogether.

The law allows you to petition the Court to change your name or the name of your minor child. There are very strict rules that must be followed. In cases involving a minor child, the child’s other parent will usually need to consent to the name change. If not, you may still be able to change the child’s name, but you will most likely have to obtain permission from the Court.

If you have questions related to a name change for yourself or on behalf of your minor child, please call Attorney Josh Guillory today at (337) 233-1303 or click here to arrange a consultation.


    In addition to handling family law issues, Joshua S. Guillory is prepared to help individuals with a wide range of legal matters, such as criminal defense, estate planning to include wills and trusts, business law, and personal injury. Do not hesitate to call The Law Office of Joshua S. Guillory, LLC at 337-233-1303 or click here to send a message to our firm.